Thank you for your interest in our grants program!
The 2021 application period will open June 1, 2021. We are currently awarding grants in the range of $250-$500.
We have identified the following fields of interest for funding in 2021:
1) Rescue and shelter services–with an emphasis on programs that offer pet owner assistance in light of COVID-19
- Includes services for domestic/companion/farm animals
- Includes programs for feral/community cats
2) Wildlife Protection, Education and Rehabilitation Programs
To be considered for a grant from Ohio Animal Foundation an organization must:
- Be an Ohio-based 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in good standing. We do not provide funding to individuals.
- Submit a completed application. Click the link below to download a copy of the grant application (PDF file).
Process and Timeline
In order to better address increased needs due to COVID-19, we are shortening our grant application and award period this year. Applications will be accepted beginning June 1, 2021 and must be received by Ohio Animal Foundation by June 30, 2021. All applications will be reviewed and evaluated by our Grants Committee. The Grants Committee will then make funding recommendations to the full Ohio Animal Foundation Board of Directors at our August board meeting. Grant recipients will be sent a grant award letter, which must be signed and returned by September 30, 2021. Grant funds will be issued by October 31, 2021. A short grant report will be required when grant funds are spent, or by January 31, 2023.